Among the places that serve gluten-free delights, few of them are aware of how volatile these proteins are. Here are 7 places our gluten intolerant friends can safely enjoy their food:
1. The two Leggera Pizzerias located in the districts of Eaux-Vives and Grand-Lancy offer excellent gluten-free pizzas cooked in a separate oven. The two restaurants also offer a lactose-free alternative to traditional mozzarella and their menu contains a gluten-free beer.
2. Mu Food is known for its lunch and its afterwork tapas. Whoever passes by will be intrigued by the front-window. This restaurant uses organic and local products, vegetables from the gardens of “Gaia” creating delicious vegan and generally gluten-free dishes. You will also find a nice selection of biodynamic wines à la carte.
3. The Slup restaurant opened 3 years ago; the cuisine has become more refined and the owner continues to explore the Geneva terroir while respecting the original motto: organic, gluten-free and lactose-free food. You may enjoy the local filets de perche, vegan (or not) burgers and buckwheat pancakes.
4. Qibi has been serving local and organic food for over 7 years and presently provides gluten-free, lactose-free, vegan and delicious dishes, and a delivery service in case you have too much work to do at lunch time.
5. The Café Cacahuète is worth the detour. Located on the rue du Lausanne, it is an oasis of tranquility. The café offers delicious salads and buddha bowls, vegan burgers with or without gluten. On the sweet side, delicate pastries are displayed and ready to be eaten, and all kinds of smoothies can be ordered. Everything is prepared with passion.
6. D’Maiz offers traditional Colombian dishes naturally gluten free. Arepas, empanadas and carimagnola prepared with corn flour and garnished with chicken, meat or vegetables. Yuka (cassava fries) or small patacon (fried plantain bananas) will perfectly accompany your meal. D’Maiz is ready to serve you, every Thursday evening and Saturday morning in a red trailer at the Carouge market.
7. In the trendy rue des Bains one can find the Café Ou Bien Encore, specializing in vegan cuisine. The place reflects serenity and provides tempting gluten-free treats throughout the day on a terrace where friends can also enjoy their tea. When the bell rings for lunch, a delicious lunch is served.
Photography © Café Cacahuète