The magic of Christmas doesn’t only revolve around Santa’s gifts, it’s also about making memories with your loved ones around the table. This year, Get Food shares the best places where you can get the most appetizing ingredients to brighten your Christmas dinner and make you forget that Covid is still around.
We, Georgia, Elena & Tamara (aka Get) are merely friends that became sisters thanks to our love for food. We come from different backgrounds and cultivate different traditions; hence our need to create our own Get Christmas dinner. Let us reassure you, our selection isn’t short of anything delicious!
- It isn’t a secret that the best chicken comes from Poulet de Jussy so why look further? Their chickens are grain-fed and grow outdoors which ensures optimal taste!
- Cheese from De Bleu Fromagerie to make not only an aesthetically pleasing cheese board but that everyone will savor. We promise that your guests will ask where the cheese comes from!
- Unless, like a true Italian, you make your fresh pasta at home, we recommend getting it from La Casa della Pasta who has mastered the making of it in the last 20 years.
- Get your caviar from Planet Caviar, and while you’re there you might as well try their delicious Tarama. It is our absolute favorite in town. P.S. They also have Tarama with caviar!
- No recipe can be tasty without quality ingredients, therefore getting your fruits and veggies from local markets not only helps support the local economy but also makes your dish 10x tastier. Lucky for us there are many around Geneva.
- Arakel has a great selection of wine that you can choose from, and if you are looking for liquor and champagne as well we recommend Le Caveau de Bacchus or Globus for a wider selection.
- What would a Christmas dinner be without a Christmas log? Martel offers a selection of original flavors – crème brulée & brownie, chocolate with hazelnut, and much more.
Last but not least, head to the new online boutique of Schilliger where you will find the best Christmas decoration.
We wish you a Merry Christmas despite the circumstances and don’t hesitate to join our foodie community on Instagram @get__food for more culinary tips and adventures.