When the sun comes out, Geneva takes the roof off. If it rains, you get wet – it’s all part of the Swiss summertime fun. But with so many events going on each summer, it’s hard to pick what to do and where to go. To help you out, we’ve picked our favourite things to do, whether you want to watch films under the stars or just eat and drink your way around Geneva.
– Book a guided tour to visit Carouge among many other activities that the Sardinian city has to offer.
– Enjoy 100% Swiss made food and drinks at the Vélos de la Plage, 7 days a week, from 10am to midnight in the Eaux-Vives district. The Vélos de la Plage are delivery tricycles available near the Geneva Lake with 3 selling points.
– On the other side of the lake, enjoy barbecues, long chairs, free yoga workshops, ice-creams at Bronzette, a pop-up summer spot in front of the Kempinski hotel opened until September 15th.
– Between the Paleo and the Montreux Jazz Festival, attend The Good, The Bad & The Queen unique concert in Switzerland on Monday, July 22nd at the Geneva Victorial Hall.
– Wake up with music at the Bains des Pâquis dawn concerts from July 22nd until September 1st.
– Hit the road and drive to Schilliger to discover the Butterfly house (free entrance).
– Book a SPA at the Jiva Hill Resort and enjoy its summer pool. Every Sunday, you may enjoy the Jiva Hill brunch on the terrasse from 11.30 am (please book; count 59€ per adult).
– Watch a movie under the stars and celebrate Ciné Transat 10th anniversary this year!
– Float down the Rhône river because it’s super fun.
– Pick one terrace a week, even just for a little coffee break.
Photography © My Big Geneva